Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter - a little late.

So Easter was a little over a week ago and I am finally getting around to blogging about it.  I was VERY sick the entire week before Easter and have had so much to catch up on since.  The night before Easter the kids were so excited they didn't think they would be able to sleep.  I love when they get super excited, but it's exhausting when I am tired and they don't want to go to sleep.  But eventually they did and I was able to put out their Easter baskets (buckets) and then I went to bed so the bunny could come and hide eggs.  Juliana woke up at 1:30 AM ready to search for eggs, seriously girl, it's barely even Easter and there is NO WAY I am getting out of bed.  I sent her back to bed and she did fall back to sleep, but only for 2 hours and then was back up at 3:30 AM, only this time she had company, Tyler was up too.  They tried to get us to get up so they could search for eggs, ummm....  nope, not going to happen.  They asked every 10 minutes until 6:00 AM when I finally said, okay, we will get up and you can do your egg hunt.  Again, I love when they get so excited, but when it affects my sleep, it's not as fun.

Here they are coming down the stairs in the morning, they decided to hold hands so they could go together (basically so one wouldn't arrive in the kitchen faster then the other):


And there Easter buckets:


Ready for the big hunt:


After the hunt was over I baked some goodies for Easter dinner.  I made my brothers favorite Death By Chocolate and I made jello cupcakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment