Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I think one of our favorite things to do as a family is go to the beach.  Now that the kids are getting older and we don't have to chase them every which way, we've been able to go more and more.  My favorite time of day to go is dinner time.  We bring a picnic lunch (usually sandwiches from Subway or as the kids say Subaway) and go to spend a couple of hours in the sand.  Tyler loves to try to surf and dig in the sand.  Juliana is all about the water, from the second we get there that's all she wants to do.  No matter how cold the water, she never complains, just jumps right in.  This year they both have boogie boards, and watching her swim out and wait to catch a wave is just adorable.  I personally don't like going in the water, but I do like to get my toes wet.  There's just a certain beauty at the beach that makes you believe all is right in the world.  Stephen likes to play frisbee with Tyler, of course we have to be sure that aren't too many innocent victims, I mean beach-goers in the area for him to hit.  Steve also spends a lot of time in the water with the kids, which is good for them since like I said before, I don't like to go in the water.  Hopefully our warm weather will be extended well into September and we'll have many more trips to the beach in our future.





And here's a flashback from when they were younger.






1 comment: