Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas 2013... The good, the bad... and the early!

As I do every year, I promised myself I would get Christmas shopping done early (I bought my first two gifts in October, I was so proud of myself), unfortunately once again I failed.  Other then the first two gifts I bought in October, nothing else was purchased until after Thanksgiving, and even saying that is a stretch.  I really didn't plan ahead at all! I didn't know what I was buying anyone, how I was decorating, or what I was cooking for Christmas dinner.  I actually wasn't that far behind at first.  I had done some shopping, ordered some gifts online, and had gotten the Christmas tree up and then it happened, I GOT SICK!  It started as a cold and then it just kicked my butt.  I ended up with a horrible sinus infection and my asthma was flaring up, basically getting off the couch was a chore for the 1.5 weeks leading up to Christmas.  Thankfully I was able to pull up my big girl pants (aka Mom jeans) and with the help of my best friend Amazon, I was able to get "most" of my shopping done.  And also thanks to antibiotics I had a day or two where I could stand up in the morning without my head feeling like a bowling ball and was able to wrap my gifts (even though most of them lacked bows and looked like my dog had wrapped them while blindfolded), I got it done.  And finally thankfully my husband agreed to go to the store two days before Christmas and purchase everything I needed for the Christmas dinner I would be preparing for 15 people on Christmas day.  So even though I was sick and behind, and kicking myself for not getting everything done sooner (lesson learned), I am happy to say we all had a wonderful Christmas... even with my kids getting up at the ass crack of dawn!  Next year I will definitely going to start early (hahahaha).


No comments:

Post a Comment