Saturday, December 31, 2011

Another one in the books...

Christmas of 2011 has come and gone.  There were many stressful moments leading up to the big day, there's always too much to do and not enough time.  Add to that parties and budgets and you end up with days going by in a blur, as you scratch your head wondering how it's all going to get done.  Through the years I've learned that it won't all get done, that the perfect Christmas that lives in my head will never come to fruition, and I have to accept that what gets done will get done and that must be good enough.  And you know what...  I am fine with that.

I love to get some pictures every Christmas Eve of us, I don't often get family pictures with us all:











This year we like the last few Christmas Eve's we spent Christmas Eve in Rhode Island.  We picked up my Grandmother and met my family at a little Chinese restaurant we used to go to as children.  The kids were super excited for Santa the next morning and went to bed that night without any complaints.  I snapped a few pictures before they headed up to bed, I love that they leave Santa cookies and the reindeer carrots.



The next morning (Christmas morning) Juliana woke up first and had to wait for the rest of us to get up.  She woke Tyler up with a kiss on the cheek (does it get any better then that) and we headed downstairs to see all that Santa had left.


Posing on Christmas morning before opening presents is always expected in this house, it's not questioned, I think the kids actually enjoy it, they are always coming up with something new.



This one cracks me up:

They then proceeded to go through their stockings and open their presents, it was a glorious morning, everyone enjoyed their gifts and we made more family memories.  Santa was extra good to me this year as well, I got an Ipad!








And my favorite picture every year, they give each other gifts and are so happy to with their choices:


Yes indeed, we are a blessed happy family.  Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't let a second of it get by me without putting it into the memory bank and making note of how very lucky I am.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely family you have - that last shot is just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete