Tuesday, February 15, 2011

They can't all be great ideas...

Yesterday was Valentine's Day!  Every year I cook some kind of cupcakes covered in little heart sprinkles, but this year with a vacation on the horizon (that includes getting into a bikini, in public) I decided against the baked treats.  We always get the kids little gifts, this year we got them each a new shirt, chocolates, and cards.  They both had parties in their classrooms and got way to much candy.  Anyhow, last night I was cooking dinner and started to feel guilty about not making any special treats for them.  So as I was mashing the potato's I got what seemed like a brilliant idea at the time to put red food coloring into them, for Valentine's Day of course.  I should of thought about it more, because to me they looked like I had cut my finger open when I was mashing them.  Just not appetizing at all.  Next time I'll just stick to putting a little in their milk to make it pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment