Friday, January 1, 2010

Big Top Cupcake!

That was the number one gift on Tyler's list, a Big Top Cupcake baking dish.  I tell you, those marketing people know what they are doing.  They run the infomercial types of commercials on Nickelodeon during shows like Sponge Bob and ICarly and the kids just sit mesmerized.  These commercials make you want whatever it is that they are selling.  I must say, I've fallen into the trap once or twice of having to have what is on the screen at the very moment.  I once bought this brownie pan that makes the brownies in individual sizes, it looked to fascinating on the tv, imagine, 20 little brownies at once.  Then I got the pan and $26 dollars later realized the pan really isn't that magical, I could just take out a knife and cut my own brownies and it would take all of 30 seconds.  But anyway, Tyler was dying for this cupcake pan and lucky for him Santa delivered (I love that guy).

A couple of days after Christmas we baked our first cupcake.  The kids were bored with the actual making of the cake and left me to do it so they could play wii.  But once it was time to decorate they were full of ideas.  We spent about 15 minutes coloring frosting, trying to get it to stick to the side of the giant cupcake and then sprinkling it with red hot candies.  I actually used it a second time to make a carrot cake with a cheesecake filling for New Years Eve.  Who knows, this Big Top Cupcake may become our family staple of desserts.








No comments:

Post a Comment