Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snow day? Let's make a gingerbread house!

We started the tradition of making a gingerbread house every year for Christmas when the kids were both very young.   Steve used to be in charge of it, but he always had issues, and after the year of the duct taped walls (yes, you really can use duct tape for everything), we've decided I would take over.  So for the past few years the kids and I have been decorating the gingerbread house, this year however, the kids really did most of it themselves.  There were so many different candies and they couldn't believe I just let them eat whatever they wanted as they decorated.  I think in the end they ate as many as they used to decorate.  It's a great tradition that they look forward to every year.  This year we did it on our first school canceled snow day.
Here is the beginning:


This picture just cracks me up:



A birds eye view:



Almost done:



All done:


1 comment: