Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like....

Christmas, everywhere I go!

We've decorated the house for the holidays, although this year there seem to be less decorations than years past, I think it's just because of the short time we have between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.  The way I look at it, if it's not up by now, then it's waiting until next year.  Every year since the first year Steve and I were dating we've bought ornaments for each other, it's always fun to look back at them.  One year we even got each other identical ones, it was a complete coincidence.  We also like to buy ornaments when we travel to a new place, although many times we forget, but we still have a bunch on our tree from many of the places we've been.  I got out my camera this morning and took some pictures of some of my favorites, although it was hard to choose, as I love them all!
Our Jamaican Santa, he always makes me giggle:


Snowman from the Bahama's:


The first year we started, 1997:


I love this one, it's from our best family vacation:


Of course our wedding picture, 1999!


This is another favorite, one year Steve and I volunteered at PetSmart, for Christmas he dressed like Santa and I was the photographer, we even brought our own cats:


Our first cruise, this is the one Steve proposed to me on:


We have an ornament for every house we've had together, this is for our most recent:


And of course the best ornaments ever, the handmade one by the kids:




This is on our mantel, I just think it's a beautiful saying, I always think it should mean to believe in all the wonders and magic of Christmas.



1 comment:

  1. Mike and I bought each other the same ornaments one year too- how funny. I wonder what is in the Jamaican Santa's bag ;)

    ReplyDelete