Monday, September 7, 2009

Back in time.

Yesterday we went back to our old neighborhood in Attleboro, Massachusetts to partake in the annual neighborhood block party.  This event has happened every year since the very beginning of the subdivision.  This was our 7th year attending and as always, it was so much fun.  We lived their for 4.5 years, the longest Steve and I have lived in one place together since we've met.  Juliana was only 10 months old when we moved in and at the time was an only child.  Tyler was born there and I can vividly remember the day we brought him home from the hospital.  It is always so exciting to see everyone, and mostly to see how much all the kids have grown.  Many of them weren't even born yet when we moved in, and now all of them are in school, riding bikes without training wheels, and able to hold full conversations with the adults.  


Yesterday Tyler was very proud of his Mom (me) and my cooking.  I made a crab dip and he made sure every single person at the party tried it.  There were many people we did not know, as everyone has different guests there, but that did not deter him.  Of course by the end of the day everyone there knew his name.  I got so many compliments on Juliana and how beautiful she is.  Her hair gets many compliments as well, it's long with a bit of curl and just is "her".


We got home last night around 10:00 and will look forward to next years block party.  I will hopefully remember my camera next year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment