Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer BBQ's.

Is there anything better in the summer than having a bbq in the backyard on a sunny day with family and friends?  We had such a long cold winter in New England this year, and our summer started off to such a soggy start I didn't think we'd ever enjoy the outdoors.  Fortunately August has been spectacular and warm and sunny almost every day.  My Grandmother visited this month and every summer I host a bbq while she's here with family. This year she she didn't want us to mention her birthday, in the past we have always had a cake for her, but if she doesn't want it, then so be it.  So we just had everyone over for a fun and relaxing afternoon.  I know how fortunate I am to have both my grandmothers still with me at age 33.  My children are so lucky to have a fantastic relationship with their three living Great Grandmothers and I know it's something they'll always cherish.  We try to spend time with them whenever possible.  

There's no slowing my Grandmother down, even at the age of 84, you can't tell her not to do something, because guaranteed that will make her do it. She pulled Juliana and her cousin around in the wagon for a long ride, I tried pulling them and they were heavy!




1 comment:

  1. Geez - she weeds, pulls the kids in the wagon. She is going to live to be 110!

    ReplyDelete