Friday, March 20, 2015

My favorite day.

Do you ever get that feeling that everyone around you is moving in a certain direction and you are just standing still?  I feel that way every year January - April, it never fails.  I know it's the weather that gets me down, it's so hard to stay in a positive mood for me when I am cold ALL. THE. TIME!  It's hard for me to stay positive when I look outside on the first day of spring and see more snow falling (seriously this has been the coldest and snowiest winter on record)!!!  I am generally a positive person, I am an optimistic person, I am the person that can  always find the silver lining in almost everything.  Unfortunately when I am cold and blah from the long winter days and nights, it's sometimes hard to see that silver lining.  It's sometimes hard to stay upbeat and enjoy everyday (a motto I so love).  I know winter is temporary, I know these feelings are temporary, and I know my most favorite day of the year is right around the corner…  The day when you walk outside and you can smell spring, the day when you can finally open the windows in the house and not be cold, the day when the trees have buds on them and flowers are popping out of the ground, the day when I will smile and be happy and truly enjoy, because I know I made it through another wretched winter, and brighter days are here to stay.

Dreaming of blue skies and green grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment