Thursday, January 12, 2012

A super yummy, easy recipe...

I enjoy cooking, but some recipes are so long, with a list of ingredients longer then The Declaration of Independence, I am bound to forget to buy something.  When I come across an easy recipe (or create one), I get excited!  I love an easy dinner, and I love even more when it's something my whole family will eat (even the super picky one).

Last night I made my Mexican Chicken, I am not sure if I came up with it as I've been cooking it for so long I can't remember its origin, but I am very happy to share it with everyone else.

You need three ingredients (yes, I said three)!

-Chicken breast or tenderloins.
-A jar of salsa.
-Shredded mexican (or cheddar) cheese.

Cook the chicken on the stovetop in a skillet until its almost cooked through, when it's almost completely cooked add half a jar of salsa (or as much as you'd like, it's your dinner, do what you'd like).  Once it's completely cooked remove from heat and top with shredded cheese.  Once the cheese is melted...  it's time to eat!  I told you it was easy.  I usually serve it with brown rice and a vegetable.


2 comments:

  1. I make something very similar - chicken in the slow cooker with a jar of picante sauce. YUM! :) Getting close to corned beef and cabbage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm...looks good, especially since it is so easy :-)

    ReplyDelete