Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Eight is GREAT....

October is birthday central here in our house.  Juliana and Tyler's birthdays are 8 days apart.  It get a little chaotic with all the planning, but the kids always say they have great birthdays and since that's my goal, it's worth the stress.  This year in stead of having a big party for Tyler at the house (I vowed never to do a big boy party at my house again after last year, boys are way too crazy), we let him invite 4 friends and took them out to lunch.  We went to a chinese buffet, we figured there would be something for everyone.  They really enjoyed it and behaved pretty well (pretty well considering there were 5 boys all the same age).


After lunch I tried my best to get a picture of them all together, but like I said, boys are crazy and I have to settle for what I got.  Actually the pictures make me laugh, they may be crazy, but they are entertaining as well.




We then took them all back to the house to watch the movie Zoo Keeper.  I had bought them way too much candy, but I didn't hear anyone complain about that!  They watched the movie and Ty opened gifts and then the party was over.  I think fun was had by all, and I didn't loose my mind with a house over filled with crazy boys.



The next morning was his Birthday, both kids were up bright and early (even though it was a Sunday and they had stayed up super late the night before).  Tyler got a new pair of pajamas and a huge Lego set that he had been really, really wanting.





Tyler dove right into putting it together, and in record time it was almost complete, Juliana even helped a bit.


We then went out to lunch and Go Kart racing (that's what he chose), it was fun.  We had a little cake for him, and then it was time for bed.   I am excited to see what the next 8 years has in store for him!




No comments:

Post a Comment