Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hippity... Hoppity...

Easter's on it's way.  Well it's not on it's way anymore because it's already passed.  As a child Easter was always my favorite holiday.  It was so much more relaxed than than Christmas and always what I looked forward to most.  This year was extra special because it was also my 34th birthday.  It's only the second time my birthday has fallen on Easter.

Juliana was up at 2am, coming into our room to check the clock.  At one point she climbed in bed with us for awhile, but she kept squirming around so I sent her back to her room.  A couple hours later Tyler showed up in our room too.  I was able to hold them off until 6am, and then I could hold them back no longer.  Every year since Juliana was born we always have Steve go downstairs with the video camera so we can capture their expressions when they see their baskets and all the hidden eggs.

Here they are waiting to go downstairs:

And with their baskets (we went green this year and used reusable shopping bags):



And of course after the egg hunt they had to sit and count the eggs (and loot):



Every Easter I like to get some pictures of us all, it's fun to look back on how much the kids have changed (and Steve and I too).






We headed to the Arruda's for the day and the kids got to spend time with their Aunts, Uncles, and cousins.  There was another Easter egg hunt for the kids, and this one gets quite competitive.  It was such a beautiful day and fun was had by all.

























No comments:

Post a Comment