Monday, March 15, 2010

Stepping up to the plate!

I can't tell you how proud I am of my kids.  You see, I woke up in immense pain two weeks ago, my back was in so much pain all I could do was scream and cry.  I tried everything to escape it, but just couldn't get away from it.  Of course this has to happen when Steve is away and it's just me and the kids home.  Juliana woke up the first morning to my screaming and tried to rub my back and everything else her 8 year old mind could think of to help me.  I told her to get her brother out of bed and I was somehow able to get clothes together and pour bowls of cereal for them before sending them to the neighbors to get taken to the bus stop.  Day two however I could not move, and Juliana stepped up to the plate in a big way.  She got her brother out of bed and made breakfast for both of them.  They both picked out their own clothes and dressed themselves (Tyler was in full camo).  She packed both of their lunch boxes and again they went to the neighbors to get taken to the bus stop.  I didn't even know what they looked like until they briefly came home from school before going to the neighbors for dinner (did I mention how lucky I am to have such fantastic neighbors)!!!  For all the complaining and dragging of their feet I get on normal mornings, I couldn't be more proud of them both for stepping up to the plate the way they did!

No comments:

Post a Comment