Sunday, June 14, 2009

Whew...  what a weekend!  It all began with Tyler's last t-ball game of the season.  Every time his team went up to bat, he hugged me while he waited for his turn.  I told him, real baseball players hug their mom, I know it won't be that way when he's a teenager, so I'll take all I can get now.  Then we had the girl scout picnic for Juliana, it was great fun, at a state park, the kids had a stream to play in and Juliana was covered from head to toe in mud.  But she had a smile on her face the entire time, so who cares if she resembled the swamp thing.  This morning we had a neighborhood tag sale, so much work, then Juliana left for a birthday party, Tyler had a play date, and Steve and I got ready to host a neighborhood bbq.  It was great fun, but we are all so exhausted.

Last night when I was putting Tyler to bed he was reading to me, he was doing so great and I was so excited for him.  I told him I was proud of him and he said he was proud of himself.  It was a great Mommy/Son moment and I tucked him in and gave him a kiss.  I left his room feeling so happy and proud of him.  A minute later he bumped his head, so I went in to comfort him.  Well as I was doing that I noticed behind him on his wall was his name, written twice on the wall in huge letters.  Needless to say, my warm moment was replaced with stern words of why we don't write on walls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment